Assistive Technology Trainer
Sheffield, Yorkshire and the Humber
£28.00 per hour
Qualified applicants are required to provide specialist assistive technology trainer support to students in higher education.
The purpose of the role is to deliver accessible and informative one-to-one training in the use of specialist disability assistive technology hardware and/or software to enhance the student’s independent learning skills. Training will be delivered within the context of the student’s academic studies, with the software features modelled on specific and relevant examples. The assistive technology trainer will utilise knowledge of differing learning styles and preferences to deliver individually tailored training sessions which enhance the student’s ability to develop their study skills.
- Flexible working hours to suit applicant’s availability
- Competitive hourly pay rate, plus holiday pay per hour
- Continuing Professional Development allowance
- Free CPD accredited online training on relevant topics
- Optional workplace pension scheme
- In-person and online tutor assignments
Applicants must have:
- A degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge and experience of assistive technologies e.g. TextHelp, Read and Write Gold
- Knowledge and experience of teaching/training people with Specific Learning Differences and/or disabilities
- Understanding of the management of sensitive and confidential personal data relating to individual students and an awareness of role boundaries
- Understanding of the impact of Specific Learning Differences, specific impairments or conditions in relation to Higher Education studies
This is for September 2021.