Specialist Support Professional for students with Vision Impairment
Sheffield, Yorkshire and the Humber
£30.00 per hour
Qualified Specialist Support Professionals are required to provide one-to-one support to students studying in higher education.
The purpose of the role is to provide bespoke support reflecting the individual communication needs and personal learning style of students in order to develop and facilitate their independent learning. This includes supporting students to:
- Develop skills in relation to accessing, recognising and understanding course material and reinforcement of this learning.
- Develop practical study strategies with the student including; assignment planning, research, composition, including the modification of carrier language of assignments, presentations (structure and mode of presentation) communication skills, organisation and planning of work load, time management.
- Explore solutions to queries and issues affecting academic learning and performance.
- Flexible working hours to suit applicant’s availability
- Competitive hourly pay rate, plus holiday pay per hour
- Continuing Professional Development allowance
- Free CPD accredited online training on relevant topics
- Optional workplace pension scheme
- In-person and online assignments
The pay rate for the Specialist Support Professional role is £30 per hour, plus £3.62 per hour holiday pay.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Advisory Teacher for Students with Vision Impairments OR
- Advisory Teacher for Students with Multi-Sensory Impairments OR
- A teaching qualification (Level 5 or above) and a specialist qualification in Vision Impairment
A range of hours are available but are subject to support requirements and assigned hours cannot be guaranteed.