Specialist Mentor (Autism Spectrum Condition)
£28.00 + £3.38 holiday pay per hour
We are recruiting Nationwide for Specialist Mentors to provide one-to-one support to students with an autism spectrum condition studying in higher education.
You will be working with students, providing strategies to develop their skills in managing the impact of their autism spectrum condition on their academic experience. This could include providing strategies to manage anxiety in stressful situations, to develop concentration skills and time management skills, as well as prioritising workloads and creating schedules of work-life balance.
- In-person and online tutor assignments
- Flexible working hours to suit your availability
- Competitive hourly pay rate, plus holiday pay per hour (£3.38 for this role)
- Continuous Professional Development allowance
- Free CPD accredited online training on relevant topics
- Workplace pension scheme
Applicants should have:
A degree (any subject) and;
Six National Autistic Society (NAS) online training modules:
- Understanding autism
- Autism and communication
- Autism and sensory experience
- Autism, stress and anxiety
- Autism: supporting families
- Autism and Girls
If you have a relevant postgraduate qualification such as a PGCert or Masters in Autism, you will still need to complete the NAS Autism and Girls online training module.