Study Skills Tutor (Autism Spectrum Condition)
£30.00 + £3.62 holiday pay per hour
We are recruiting Nationwide for Specialist One-to-One Study Skills Tutors to support to students with an autism spectrum condition studying in higher education.
You will be working with students, providing strategies to develop the study skills required when studying in higher education. This includes skills in acquiring, recalling, and retaining information in written and spoken language, and strategies to develop memory, organisation, attention and numeracy skills.
- In-person and online tutor assignments
- Flexible working hours to suit your availability
- Competitive hourly pay rate, plus holiday pay per hour (£3.62 for this role)
- Continuous Professional Development allowance
- Free CPD accredited online training on relevant topics
- Workplace pension scheme
Applicants should have:
A degree (any subject) and;
A teaching qualification (Level 7 or above) and;
Six National Autistic Society (NAS) online training modules:
- Understanding autism
- Autism and communication
- Autism and sensory experience
- Autism, stress and anxiety
- Autism: supporting families
- Autism and Girls
If you have a relevant postgraduate qualification such as a PGCert or Masters in Autism, you will still need to hold a teaching qualification (Level 7 or above) and complete the NAS Autism and Girls online training module.