In-house or outsourced; NMH student support solutions to suit every institution
Number of students who gave us feedback in 2017/18
Number of HEPs where Clear Links has supported students
Students happy with their NMH support in 2017/18
Non-Medical Help Support Services
Whether it is funded by DSA or by the institution, Clear Links has delivered the highest standard of NMH support to students at more than 350 HEPs since 2006.
Clear Links is the leading specialist NMH support provider nationwide. This is thanks to the sole focus on providing our innovative, reliable, quality support services to disabled students.
Clear Links’ office staff hold qualifications covering Dyslexia, ASC, Notetaker training, Sighted Guide, Sight impairment, D/deaf and hearing awareness.
Why is it important?
It gives us a true understanding of the wide array of student circumstances. This is critical to delivering the highest standard of service.
As well as disability specialists, we also have former disability services managers in house.
How does Clear Links help?
We have extensive insights into the issues and challenges faced by HEPs, students and support workers.
Thanks to the expertise and experience of our team, our bespoke systems and our dedication to the sector, we achieved a 97% satisfaction with our HEP partners in our 2017/18 feedback survey.
A genuine commitment means clear, meaningful metrics and results, not just words.
It has a direct impact on my academic performance and development; in addition to my overall wellbeing and mental health.
Clear Links’ specialist service is flexible, collaborative and brings certainty to our ambition to deliver the best quality and reliability of services to our students.
Disability Team Manager2017
Clear Links Services
Recruitment & Training
- Recruitment of support workers – this includes advertising, reviewing applications, taking up references, interviewing all applicants, checking eligibility to work and relevant qualifications and memberships
- Training NMH support workers (our in-house training staff are disability practitioners with specialist qualifications)
Our dedicated recruitment team ensures there is sufficient capacity to supply.
A nationwide network of 5,500 support workers has been built over the past 13 years thanks to our supportive culture and excellent benefits.
Looking after our support workers and being committed to continuous improvement has a direct impact on service quality and student satisfaction.
Matching & Delivery
- Matching students to suitable support workers and managing the day to day provision
- Delivering the NMH support worker service, its practices, policies and procedures
- Dealing with all queries and issues arising from the NMH support work service
You can view our current matching speed on the homepage.
- For students to check NMH support details and to confirm their support sessions
- For institution’s disability service to refer students, access live management information and to monitor students’ support matching status, usage of support hours and funding spends
- For support workers to view working practices, role descriptions and guidance, and to submit timesheets and any support records required
It takes students less than 40 seconds on average to log in and confirm timesheets.
Our team of developers has built Crystal to be powerful, reliable and easy to use.
Quality assurance for the service by liaising with student and support workers to:
- Monitor adherence to KPIs and service standards
- Ensure uptake of support
Our team checks thousands of feedback responses every year, and takes appropriate and prompt actions wherever necessary. We are proactive so that you and your students can be confident in the support we deliver.
87% of all students supported in the 2017/18 academic year by Clear Links have given us feedback; of those respondents 99% were happy with their support.
Clear Links’ services contribute to improved student experience, satisfaction, and retention rates.
Payroll & Invoicing
Operating the payroll for the NMH support workers weekly
- Managing all payroll enquiries
- Regular invoicing to the relevant funding body
- Taking responsibility for invoice queries
Want to know more about Clear Links services?
We work with over 250 HEPs in the UK, with services ranging from software for in-house provision to fully outsourced managed services. Whatever your specific institution's requirements are, Clear Links will have a solution for you.
With 44 office staff ready to help, you can find answers to your questions today!
Call us on 0114 278 6866