Students happy with their NMH support in 17-18
Support Workers happy in their role in 17-18
Students that gave us feedback in 17-18
50 office based staff are responsible for the key functions of our services.
Our Non-Medical Help Support service includes:
- Training and DBS checking of support workers
- Matching students with suitable support workers
- Co-ordinating the day to day NMH support
- Quality assurance of support work and service
- Online systems and service developments
Our office based staff counts former heads of disability services, Asperger Syndrome specialists, sight impairment specialists, qualified SpLD tutors, assistive technology experts and information technology developers.
Our in-house team of developers are constantly updating and adding new features to our bespoke systems.
This unrivalled in-house, invaluable and wide ranging set of skills and experience equips Clear Links with a true understanding of the issues and challenges faced by HEPs, students and support workers.
Clear Links has the knowledge and systems to deliver the highest standard of service to you and your students.