Specialist Study Skills Support
The qualified and experienced specialists in delivering support.
We have delivered millions of Non-Medical Help support hours to students in the UK and have put in place robust processes to achieve the highest standards of support.
What is the role?
Study Skills support workers can support you to explore and develop:
- strategies to get started on assignments including breaking down the assignment question
- effective assignment planning and structuring techniques
- academic writing skills for example critical, analytical and/or reflective writing techniques
- effective reading strategies to help manage reading requirements
- efficient ways to take/make notes and carry out research
- valuable time management and organisational strategies
- exam revision and oral presentation strategies to support recall of information and academic performance
- effective citation and referencing strategies
- spelling, grammar, punctuation skills and helpful proof reading and editing techniques
A quality assured service
Clear Links' staff are highly qualified individuals who care
passionately about their role.
They plan and review the student’s progress throughout the year.
Our team will check in with each student and support worker regularly to ensure everyone is happy.
“I have passed all, except one assignment, with a 1st. Last year I received all 3rds without help.”
We work closely with Needs Assessors to ensure clarity about what support we can provide and where. A member of our team is always at hand to deal with your query immediately.
How it works
We ensure that the support is put in place quickly. Our bespoke
systems minimise errors and time spent on requesting support
Support is usually delivered in one-hour sessions once each week. However, some students access more or less than this.
Students can choose how the support is delivered. Most students choose to access their support online as this fits in better with their busy lives.
Would you like to know more?
“During my time at university, my support worker has been extremely helpful and encouraging in helping me prepare for assignments, presentations, and other tasks. They were truly there for me and I was extremely fortunate.”
“Absolutely amazing, made an enormous difference to this year. Assignments went from laborious and stress inducing to enjoyable and satisfying.”
“My support worker has been incredible and helped me break down and focus of small parts of my essays so I understood what to do for each part and helped me with time management so they could be completed on time.”